Thursday, February 19, 2009



                 playing letter magnets on cookie sheet boards

I finally have more energy today after fighting off a sinus infection and lugging around an IV pole dripping with Tim Horton's 1/2 coffee 1/2 hot chocolate for the first half of this week.

Todays startling observation: Trader Joe's has the only reliably good frozen corn. I knew that, but Scarlett really wanted "cown" and I really didn't want to shlep out to Trader Joe's, so I bought some at Kroger and it's just pointless yellow starch balls. 

I did make some tasty tofu "egg"salad tonight from The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook.  Recipe (from memory, may be slightly different from book, but still good):
1 block of tofu crumbled through your fingers
1 tblspn chopped red onion
1 chopped dill pickle
a pinch of Tumeric for color
1 tblspn mustard
enough mayo to make the right texture
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment