Sunday, April 12, 2009



I've always wanted to have the house that the neighborhood kids flock to...but our neighborhood is short on kids my kids' ages. Today, however, two families on our block had their grandkids visiting and the front door swung open and shut for 5 solid hours. It was perfect. I swept and fed and swept and fed and the kids played in the basement, the front yard, the back yard, and all over. Then they tried to make morning glory blossoms by following an origami book. despite their persistence, it ended up like most origami projects-paper snowflakes! They also built a marble universe before we sent 2 kids home and kept 1 to spend the night. I got out a new toothbrush for our guest and told her she could take it home with her in the morning. She said "I'll just leave it here for next time."

No comments:

Post a Comment