Saturday, April 25, 2009




Making a cake to celebrate our preschool's 40th B-day (potluck tonight) It's a true SYC cake, kid-made, colorful, and messy! 

The last picture is of our 5 chrysallides. We got 5 more caterpillars in the mail after Daisy Katie's release

Also this weekend...we planted a potato garden in an old yard-waste can (since we no longer have city yard waste collection), strung beads (everyone burned out before we got the clasps on) and made yogurt cheese by dumping a quart of plain yogurt into a cheesecloth bag and draining it overnight. In the morning we put salt, pepper, and olive oil on top in a container. We shared this with our chavurah today at an Israeli-style lunch. 

Also for the tonight's potluck, I finally got around to making the feta cheeseball I mentioned about a month ago. I put a handful of pitted Kalamata olives in the cuisanart. Next I added a block of feta and a block of cream cheese. Whirrrl, shape, place in bowl, and serve with crackers. 

If money was no object...I'd rototill the whole front yard and make a wildflower and butterfly garden. But this week,  I can hardly keep up with the dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment