Monday, June 8, 2009

I thought parenting would be like The Waltons. Instead it's like Annie and I'm Miss Hannigan. There were some delicious moments of shalom bayyit tonight. Kids putting tape all over a cardboard box and then taking digital photos of each other's butts. Then it went 1/2 way to hell at bedtime. I gave Z a toothbrush with paste, turned around to help another kid and 90 seconds later the sink was plugged and half full of water, he'd given himself a fauxhawk and was dripping wet, and he was squeezing Barbie toothpaste into the air. Oh yeah, and the teeth weren't brushed. As I addressed that, the girls unwound a roll of dental floss. Then I told Zeke to pee and he stood in front of the toilet delivering a 10 minute monologue about which sister did or did not flush the toilet. It ended with my yelling "For the love of God-PEE!" Any suggestions? They are cute after all, and when I tuck them into bed they gush with love for me even though I yelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment