Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've been praying for a few years for the courage/impetus to turn my life over to God's plan. I'm getting there these past few weeks. Trying to be open to God's plan for my life, not my plan. To that end I'm reading a lot, walking a lot, sleeping not as much, and crafting too little. I'm feeling pretty caught up with the prep work for teaching this quarter and I have a very competent graduate student with me at the office so I've got plenty of time for a new needlework project, but don't know what it is yet. I'm salivating over 2 new books- "Sewing Green" and "Sew Darn Cute." But I don't have a burning desire to start any particular project right now. I didn't go too crazy making everything for mothers day, graduations, and birthdays this month, but I did enjoy support local crafters/business people with some great purchases at Sew to Speak, SOBO style, Wholly Craft, and Clintonville Outfitters. Looking forward to days ahead of reading on the porch, walking in the woods and exploring the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment